Saturday, November 18, 2006

Solitude, la soledad

Leaves fell on the skylight, the rain held them there.
The sun came out and they blew away.
But here is their moment....as if dancing in air.
Nature's art....

Hojas en la claraboya, bailando
y pegadas por la lluvia.
Duraron un rato no más, para que les sacara una foto.

Hoy estoy sola, me desperté sola, pasé el día sola, comí sola, pasé la aspiradora sola, limpié la cocina sola, toqué el piano sola, canté sola, fui a ver el arroyo sola, miré el sol cambiar su luz sola, vi la oscuridad empezar a llegar sola, escuché lus ruidos de la casa sola, pinté el laberinto sola, y al final de cuentas me doy cuenta que no quiero vivir sola. Un día sola es aguantable, pero más días solas, sé que no los quiero.

The leaves are not lonely, they are piled on top of each other, they fall together one by one or in clumps, they stick to each other, they decompose back into earth again...together. The trees are not lonely, they live side by side, they grow, their branches touch, their leaves mix together as they fall.

Did I say I was lonely? No, the day is quiet, I am alone. I like to be alone sometimes. I am good company for myself.

Enjoy yourself. Enjoy your solitude. Enjoy others too. This universe has many opposites. They can be fun.

Hasta pronto.

Soy Lorena.
11/18/06

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we all need a balance in life, some alone time and time with people. You seem to understand that.

Anon.