Wednesday, November 22, 2006

La Amistad

La amistad es para mí algo muy importante porque soy hija única. No conozco lo que es tener hermanos, y aunque he tenido cuñados, no es lo mismo.

Friendship, when it is deep and caring can be the most wonderful thing because along with the friendship goes a kind of love, different from Romantic love or love for your children or parents even. Friendship is chosen, escogida y a veces no sabemos por qué brota la amistad con esta persona pero no con aquella.

Recently, I met in person a woman with whom I have been emailing for five years. She came to visit from a faraway place and because we had been writing for so long and kind of knew each other's position on a number of things, we knew we would get along...but I don't think we knew to what extent we would connect. La verdad, sentí que la conociera toda la vida. We just clicked. We had the best time together, we chatted, we laughed, we ran around the city seeing everything as if for the first time. It was hard to say good-by, but I know that now I have a friend for life.

Sometimes a friend's words can do so much. Me llegaron unas palabras lindas de otro amigo hace poco y me inspiraron tanto sus palabras que compuse una canción con ellas. Me tocaron sus palabras profundamente, me hicieron llorar y me hicieron dar las gracias por esta amistad tan bella en mi vida.

So, yes, well, gratitude is one thing I'm feeling a lot of these days, gratitude for these friendships, gratitude for this life, gratitude for my children and all of the abundance that the Universe has given me....and especially GRATITUDE for my parents....finally, por fin.

Isn't it appropriate this time of year when tomorrow is THANKSGIVING?

I wish everyone good friendships and may Gratitude be with you always.

Soy Lorena
11/22/06

No comments: