Friday, November 17, 2006

El Mundo Cambia

The world is changing, time has speeded up, "el tiempo corre como agua entre las manos"
Today I took the commuter train into Boston and when I went to get on the subway, (metro) suddenly I thought I was in Europe. I was confronted by very sophisticated-looking machines, ya no había gente vendiendo las fichas y me tocaba dar el dinero a la máquina, apretar la pantalla, pero no sabía dónde empezar. At the next machine was a young pregnant woman. I turned to her and said, "I like people. I don't know how to do this." She asked me what I wanted to do and I told her buy two "tokens" que ya no son fichas sino boletos. Ella empezó a apretar la pantalla de su lado y me dijo que fuera allá y meter el dinero. What a nice person, I thought. After I got my ticket and my change, I turned to her and asked, "¿Hablas español?"
"Sí," me dijo.
"Ay, hubiéramos hablado en español," le dije. She smiled.

I learned something from this encounter. The world may be changing but it is still full of good people, walking angels I'd like to call them. When I need help, the Universe provides me with exactly what I need. I wished this young woman luck with her future motherhood...but not out loud. I was too shy to do that. Sí, soy tímida a veces. Como ya dije, el tiempo pasa rápido, y este encuentro no duró más que unos minutos. Se fue ella, me fui yo......y seguimos nuestras vidas.

My main objective for the day was to see my granson play his last football game of the season. He's a Freshman, but they take the game seriously. Actually, it's more than just a game. It's teamwork, being part of a group, learning how to cooperate, be a community, apoyar el uno al otro, vivir como una entidad, aprender trabajar juntos y mucho más. Su equipo ganó, jugaron muy bien, y lo mejor fue que ganaron a su rival. He was flying high. We went to dinner, my daughter, Alex and me. He's still sweet, todavía es dulce. Lo quiero mucho.

Life is good.

How to find Authentic Happiness, try this.

Soy Lorena.
11/17/06

No comments: