Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gracias (exclamation point)

Gracias por el sol aunque no lo veo hoy, gracias por la luna, aunque está escondida, gracias por el aire fresco que respiro en la mañana, thank you for the sky, the clouds, the trees that smile upon me with bare branches, gracias por mis pies que corren por el laberinto, gracias por mis músculos tan fuertes que me llevan dónde quiero ir, thank you for my beating heart that sends its energy throughout my body, thank you for the colors of the earth, the varied shades of green, los rojos y azules, las hojas anaranjadas ya acabadas, thank you for the beauty my eyes receive when I look upon you, earth, gracias por el arroyo que corre con una urgencia de llegar lejos...lejos...lejos.

Thank you for the people in my life who share with me their thoughts and dreams, thank you for my feelings, my hopes, my curiosity and my optimism, gracias por mi casa que me da amparo, gracias por mi ropa que me cubre y me protege del frío, gracias por la comida que me alimenta, thank you for vegetables and salads and fruit and chocolate, thank you for water, for tea and for coffee so satisfying at the right moment, gracias por la música que me sosiega, thank you for my piano that takes me to another level of existence with her beautiful singing voice, thank you for the earth that supports me and never lets me down, gracias por las cartas que me llegan de los países lejanos, thank you for parents and children and grandchildren and cousins and lovers and dreams and fantasies.....and for all the abundance in the Universe which is infinite. GRACIAS, GRACIAS, GRACIAS, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Did I leave out anything? I'm sure there's more.....what are you grateful for?

Soy Lorena
11/29/06

1 comment:

Yoly said...

Me gustó tu entrada de hoy... "Gracias!"...(Tu árbol se ve muy muy lindo.)....Hay una canción, de Violeta Parra, una compositora chilena, creo, que también dá las gracias por muchas cosas. The name of the song is "Gracias a la Vida"...Its a very nice song... I like it a lot...

Es verdad que tenemos que dar gracias por muchas cosas y disfrutar de todo lo que tenemos, desde lo más chiquitito a lo más importante......Cuando me siento un poco triste, siempre trato de recordarlo...Yes, when I feel rather blue I always try to remember that..... We also have to thank everything we experience, good and bad things, laughter and tears, everything is important, every experience teaches you something, makes you feel alive...