Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My iPod nano

Yes, yes, I know happiness does not come from owning material things. When it comes to electronic gadgets I usually wait and wait before I purchase and then don't purchase. But this time I waited and waited and then decided to purchase an ipod. By the time I got to the store, the nano had arrived. Well......to be perfectly honest my ipod nano has made me very happy.
¿De verdad? No puede ser...qué ridículo.(exclamation point here) Pero, la verdad o "la neta" como dicen en México, no es la cosa electronica que trae felicidad, sino la música que da. Ahora tengo toda mi música preferida en un solo lugar y fácil de escuchar. And that's what I experience as happiness. To put on my head phones, run outside, jog, skip, dance to David Lanz' Skylight Firedance, puro piano con una energía emocionante que me motiva a moverme el cuerpo.
Or listen to the flutes of the Andes, or sing along with the trova singers, Fernando Delgadillo y más, o escuchar a Mayahuel, el conjunto de San Miguel de Allende, ay, qué rico.........

Final note for today. Happiness comes from within and from one's perspective or point of view, punto de vista. It's not about the THING, it's about how I choose to experience the THING. I was happy before I got my ipod nano. I just feel that my happiness is a little bit enhanced because of my ipod nano. (ha ha) Does this make any sense at all?

Hasta mañana.

Soy Lorena.
11/15/06

No comments: