Saturday, November 11, 2006

Mis hojas de noviembre--November pages

It's November....isn't it? noviembre y casi todas las hojas se han caído, but my "leaves" keep coming, pages of thoughts that fill my head and fall into the present moment. Esta mañana me puse a rastrillar las hojas que tapaban el laberinto. The sun was rising, the ground was still dew covered and the faint white lines of my hand-painted labyrinth were still hanging onto the wet grass. Miré arriba y vi la luna...the half bulging moon in its waning phase. It was a beautiful moment and I felt a deep appreciation for being alive. Corrí, salté, bailé taking in the fresh air of the morning and the hawk flew overhead, nuestro halcón que vive en este vecindario, elegante, majestuoso...enemy of the small birds around here and the chipmunks. The chipmunks, by the way, have been tucking themselves away more often than usual. "Rocky", the chipmunk I consider my pet, who likes to take peanuts from my hand, has been especially reticent to show himself lately. I think perhaps these creatures begin to slow down as the fall season changes into winter....ojalá que pudiéramos hacer lo mismo, pero nuestra vida sigue su ritmo frenético durante todo el año. Mis días libres son para mí lo mejor para desestresarme, (si existe esta palabra), to "destress", slow down, take it easy, breathe, send out gratitude to the Universe, take in all the goodness and beauty the Universe has to give....remember, the Universe is endless, sin fin.
At some point I want to talk about "voluntary activities" and the impact they have on us. Not volunteer activities, that's something else. Lo que uno hace simplemente por gusto. What you do in your spare time...when you have spare time....what moves you, what calls out to you, what gives you life.

Saludos...until next time.

Soy Lorena
11/11/06

No comments: