Monday, March 5, 2007

y la vida sigue....

su camino milagroso...sí, hay muchos milagros en la vida, cada día, cada momento, cada pensamiento que crea energía de amor para otra persona, los buenos deseos, cada "I'm so sorry," cada "I know how you feel," cada "It's still hard to accept the loss," cada "My thoughts are with you, my prayers are with you...I understand," son milagros, miracles that help, that soothe, that calm my aching soul.

Words can be so powerful. Do we realize the power in words? Words can bring us closer, comfort us and words can also hurt when spoken carelessly or from a place of anger. You can take back angry words, but they are like an arrow shot from a bow, they have already landed on their mark, and even if you pull out the arrow, the pain is left behind.

On Friday, March 2nd I buried my father and now I have no parents. I have become my parents, I am them, and I'm not used to this new position even though I have been in this position a long time. Something has changed, something is different and will never be the same again. I am processing these changes, I am watching myself go through them. I am realizing things I never realized before, like my connection to my father. We are part of each other. I didn't know that before. I spent my years as a teenager trying to be oh, so separate from him, only to come back around and know that we are not separate at all, not at all.
Do my children realize this? Yeah, I think they do. I think they are wiser than I was at their age.

El milagro de la muerte. Palabras de Deepak Chopra.

Cada vida se encuentra enmarcada por dos misterios. Sólo uno de ellos, el nacimiento, es considerado un milagro. El otro misterio que tiene lugar, generalmente varias décadas después, es la muerte, que es muy diferente. Cualquier cosa que sea lo que ocurre al morir, yo creo que merece ser considerado como un milagro. Irónicamente, el milagro es que no morimos. El hecho de que las funciones del cuerpo cesen constituye una ilusión, y como un mago que aparta una cortina, el alma revela lo que yace más allá. Yo creo que la muerte logra las siguientes cosas maravillosas:
Reemplaza el tiempo con la ausencia de tiempo.
Amplía las fronteras del espacio al infinito.
Revela la fuente de la vida.
Proporciona una nueva forma de conocer lo que se encuentra más allá del alcance de los cinco sentidos.
Revela una inteligencia oculta que organiza y sostiene la creación. En otras palabras, la muerte es el cumplimiento de nuestro propósito en la Tierra.

Every life is framed by two mysteries. Only one of them, birth, is considered a miracle. The other mystery that occurs, usually decades later, death, is very different. Whatever it is that occurs at death, I believe it deserves to be called a miracle. The miracle, ironically, is that we don't die. The cessation of the body is an illusion, and like a magician sweeping aside a curtain, the soul reveals what lies beyond. I believe that death accomplishes the following miraculous things:
It replaces time with timelessness.
It stretches the boundaries of space to infinity.
It reveals the source of life.
It brings a new way of knowing that lies beyond the reach of the five senses.
It reveals the underlying intelligence that organizes and sustains creation.
In other words, death is a fulfillment of our purpose here on earth.

So I'm thinking how can we accept birth and not accept "death?" Isn't it all one and the same? If so-called birth and so-called death are merely illusions of the five senses, then we are so much more, larger than life, and these bodies we carry around are something we have to play with, to take care of, to feed and to satisfy...but why? Is it fun to have a body? Is that why we have one? Do I need this body to express my love for you?

Los dejo con unas palabras de Fernando Delgadillo:

"Mas no partió tu recuerdo incesante
y aún me despierta el eco de tu risa
de vuelta atrás, donde a veces estás,
pero que hago con tanto que nunca se fue..."

Soy Lorena.
3/5/07


2 comments:

Eric said...

Hola Lorena.
Antes que nada, debo agradecer tu mensaje en mi blog, y bueno heme aquí regresando la cortesía.
Entiendo que l apartida de tu papá es dolorosa, más sin embargo, hay quien dice que con la muerte la vida continúa, seguro que lo verás más adelante.
Me tardé un poquito en entender todo tu escrito, ya que no soy del todo bilingüe, pero como sea lo terminé. Y he notado cierto dejo de melancolía en todas tus palabras, debes ser una persona muy sencible. Ánimo.
Y bueno para terminar, debo decirte que Fernando Delgadillo y Silvio Rodríguez son de mis artistas, de´ésos que he llamado fieles, porque me han acompañado a lo largo de mi corta vida.
Saludos desde Puebla, México.

Anonymous said...

Oye Lorena.
¿Tu tienes mail?

Soy Eric!!!