Tuesday, March 13, 2007

¡martes trece, oh no!

(Mis hijas y yo en octubre, 06)

Are you superstitious? Today is "Friday the 13th" in Mexico. Martes trece......ni te cases, ni te embarques. ¿De dónde vienen estas ideas supersticiosas? En nuestra historia, algo malo pasó una vez el viernes trece, pero el ser humano cree en la maldad de los números. Hay hoteles que no tienen piso número trece, auditorios dónde la numeración de los asientos va de doce a catorce. Yo de chica decidí hacer el viernes trece mi día de la buena suerte, y así era. Nada malo me pasaba aquel día, de hecho, solamente cosas buenas ocurrían, y las contaba en los dedos.

I'm not kidding. When I was a child I decided that Friday, the thirteenth would be my lucky day, and it was, and I could count the good things that happened on that day. Now I'm thinking that I created those good things just because I changed my thinking from fear to joy. How much power do we have over our lives? I was just outside and it was beautiful, the breeze is blowing softly, the stream is flowing, the sun is warm, it's not cold, Spring is here, the snow is melting, I actually walked on grass, grass with no snow, I breathed it in, I breathed in Spring and she filled my lungs with fresh new air and it was good. Life was good...life is good. You can always count on Spring returning. La Primavera me acarició la mejilla y le di la bienvenida, sonreí....no pude evitarlo.

So here I am sitting at the computer but still the day calls me and I must go out again.

Quiero hacer todo al mismo tiempo, escribir, bailar, tocar el piano, leer, disfrutar del sol, amar. Ah, bueno, puedo amar mientras hago cualquier cosa, el amor no ocupa ni espacio ni tiempo, es eterno.

Como dice la canción, "...se viste de verde la Primavera." Todo cambia, and I am a new person.

I am no longer the winter person I was, now I am the Spring person, lighter, brighter, happier.

"I am cherry alive, the little girl sang, each morning I am something new."

Welcome the New You today.

Date la Bienvenida.

¡Martes trece, ah el día de la buena suerte!

Soy Lorena.
3/13/07

No comments: