Tuesday, December 12, 2006

La Vida Cotidiana

Es difícil no dejar que la vida cotidiana interrumpa tu conexión a la belleza del Universo. Llamadas importantes, papeles que mandar, preparar las lecciones, revisar el correo electrónico, buscar algo en el internet....wait a minute. There is a beautiful sky outside and the sun just came out. It's warmer today than yesterday and they are cutting down trees at the end of my driveway. Las nubes están muy lindas hoy, grandes, esponjosas invitándome a acostarme en ellas.

It's all about balance, isn't it? How to balance the mundane boring activities we absolutely must do with absorbing the beauty and the wonder in this world. How do you check your email and visit with Nature? Check your email and walk in the woods? Check your email and talk to the trees? Or do you check your email and CHECK YOUR EMAIL?

I noticed the ground this morning was especially interesting...I don't know why, tal vez por el color luminoso por la luz de la luna que todavía estaba afuera brillando sobre el laberinto. Cuando fui al buzón salió un conejo de la nada, me cruzó el camino, lo seguí hacía la casa, corría por la entrada, the driveway, bien rápido andaba pero se desapareció tan pronto que apareció. Brown and white bunny. It's details like this that make my day.

So here I am making telephone calls, doing my finances, checking my email, going on the internet, sending messages, receiving messages, making copies of pieces of paper to send to faraway places. Pero también estuve afuera gozando el día, inhalando el aire, dando las gracias al Universo, corriendo en el pasto, apreciando todo.

¿Cómo vivimos sin estos aparatos, la computadora? Ya no se puede. Un día me senté en frente de mi "computa" y no tenía internet. Por unos momentos no sabía que hacer, me sentía totalmente desconectada y eso se sentía raro, como si saliera de la casa y ya no estuviera nada de costumbre, nada de árboles, nada de cielo, nada del pasto. ¿Qué haría yo si eso pasara? Quién sabe, por eso digo que es importante el equilibrio en la vida. Balance.....a little of this, a little of that, not too much.

I think I'll go check my email, maybe the answer I'm waiting for will be there, or maybe not. Either way I'll go outside and hug a tree or something...just so I won't be out of balance. Fuera de equilíbrio.

May you have a balanced day.

I'm sure something unexpected and wonderful will happen.

Soy Lorena
12/12/06

No comments: