Sunday, December 31, 2006

Adelante, Tierra

"Los años pasan, nos estamos poniendo viejos..." Pablo Milanés.

Pregunto ¿viejos o sabios? Does the changing of the years change us too? What do we leave behind and what do we look forward to and why are we happy about this? ¿Por qué celebramos este cambio si quiere decir que estamos más cerca de nuestro fin? ¿Soy o no soy la misma persona que ayer? ¿Mañana seré distinta?

A veces los sentimientos se ponen fuertes durante estos cambios; es hora de despedirse al pasado y saludar el año nuevo lleno de esperanza. Next year everything will be better. Next year I'll be rich. Next year I'll find my true love. Next year the world will see me for who I really am. Next year.....next year.....NEXT YEAR.

What about NOW I ask? "Next year" no existe....solamente tenemos el "ahora." Y la Tierra que gira y sigue girando nada más tiene este momento y este momento y este momento.

Just the other day we had our "first snow" of the season. We call this night "First Night" but it's really the last night, isn't it? This year ends and another one begins, one door closes and another door opens, el sol desaparece y la luna aparece....y todo sigue adelante,

adelante,

adelante...y sigo yo y seguimos todos...¿qué más podemos hacer? Mañana voy a aprender algo nuevo, mañana algo inesperado y maravilloso me va a pasar, mañana seré más conciente, tomorrow wonderful things will happen, but hey, the truth of the matter is that "tomorrow" never comes, so all those things must happen in the Now and then I will talk about them as past events. So where do I really exist? Maybe a better question is Do I exist? Just because I think I do doesn't necessarily mean that's the truth. Okay, this is going too far. Cállate, Lorena y di "Feliz Año Nuevo."

Happy New Year!!! A todos mis amigos en todos lados.

I shall cry happy tears, happy tears to be alive and watch this year melt into another.

Soy Lorena
12/31/06

No comments: