Monday, June 11, 2007

The mystery of time as a changing truth

"I don't have time."

"It's time."

"How fast time goes."

"At the moment of the fall, everything happened in slow motion."

"The minute seemed like an hour."

What is time? Does it really exist or do we invent it?
When we are waiting for something, time passes slowly, but when we are involved in some fun activity, time pases quickly. Is is tricking us or what? We create our own reality and therefore the truth, or a truth that varies from person to person. In my opinion time is not a set truth. Our point of view affects our reality or our "truth" and our manner of living time.

Eckart Tolle says: Don't wait anymore. If you live each moment present and alert, accepting what is, then you will never be waiting. I like this idea.

What does this have to do with my stay in San Miguel? Well, I'm going to explain. I'm not working. I'm not living my normal routine. I don't have to cook or clean the house or drive long distances. Nevertheless, time is not passing slowly for me. It's flying and I'm amazed that when I'm at home there is time for all the things I do. The question is: Does time change or is it something that I do? I don't seem to be living my moments thinking about the past, nor am I thinking about the future. Hmmm. It's a mystery. If anyone has the answer, please tell me.

Soy Lorena.
6/11/07

No comments: