Thursday, January 25, 2007

What a Day!!

I don´t know where to begin. It´s been a frustrating day trying to record this latest Blog. I won´t bore you with the details. Let me start with the journal I was writing on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 while traveling through the Yucatan in Mexico.

Another travel day, up at 6am, showers, breakfast at 7, pack up and off we went. Snacking on the way on Maria cookies and queso de tres cremas que compramos en Ocosingo, which I just found out is the headquarters for the Zapatistas. You´d never know it. It´s a tiny town and the people are very nice. No sabe a Revolucionarios.

Nos paramos en Xupujil para comer en un lugar que era estacion de autobus, restaurante, mini tienda y hotel. Comimos enchiladas de pollo con salsa roja. Fueron ricas. Despues fuimos a la mini tienda a comprar unos yogures y aparecio´ el mesero que no atendio´, ahora como cajero de la tienda.

Le dije, "Estas en todos lados...o ¿eres el gemelo?" Se rio´.

Adelante. I drove for awhile mientras Teo leia The Lonely Planet guide book and looked at the map. Before we knew it, we were in Bacalar and decided to stay there for the night.

Bacalar is not a new town. I´m sure it´s been around for awhile and I don´t know how to describe it except to say it´s quiet. The buildings are run down and in need of paint. The streets are muddy and the entire look of the Centro is casual and sloppy. The last time we were here we ate a meal in a shoe store. Si, de veras, comimos en una zapateria. Combo-business. Well, we have bookstore-cafes in the US, why not a restaurant-shoe store?

I shall stop here and publish, then continue in a new Blog...por si las moscas. No voy a revisar, asi que si hay errores, me perdonan.

Soy Lorena
1/25/07

No comments: