Sunday, July 1, 2007

A Deer in the Morning, after the Rain


It rained sometime in the middle of the night and this morning I put on my rain boots, the rain boots my daughter insisted I buy even though I wasn’t intending to buy rain boots, the blue rubber ones that are snug but not too tight and as I was slipping my foot into the left boot, I felt something strange inside, so I took it off again and found a small paper packet of sorts, something like a “freshness” packet that you might find in vitamin bottle…how unusual I thought, so I took it out and threw it away and finally I was off to do some exercise and just as I opened the door and went outside, I saw it—it was a deer standing next to my labyrinth and it stared at me for a moment as I stared at it, then quickly turned toward the woods and ran into the woods, crossing the now dried up stream and disappearing from my sight and it was then I noticed that I was thrust into the moment as my blue rubber booted feet ran onto the wet grass aiming for the labyrinth to begin my dance, my salute to the morning, my ritual to start the day listening to the piano music of David Lanz and celebrating my love for the Sun. Oh, yes!

Mi vida es hermosa como el pasto mojado es hermoso, como el ciervo es hermoso, como la mañana es hermosa, como mis botas de hule azul para la lluvia, y sintiendo mi cuerpo vivo, el poder de correr, bailar, brincar, adorar al cielo, adorar a mi precioso Sol, y aprecio la perfección de los árboles, las nubes, el arroyo seco, el pasto todavía lleno de las gotas de lluvia y del rocio y el aire y los rayos del sol que me bañan de alegría y mis pasos que siguen el sendero de mi laberinto, el sendero bien marcado por los miles de pasos que he hecho en él y este día es domingo, y domingo es el día sagrado igual que todos los días son sagrados, y este momento, este “presente” que siempre tenemos……..y todo, todo, todo. ¡ O, sí!

Feliz domingo, feliz momento.

Soy Lorena.
7/1/07

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ven, mira que bonito dia! gocemos este momento porque al rato cambiara, lo matizaran de gris las nubes que traen el agua, se romperan y cada gota sera como una bendicion.



Ven, deleitate con el aroma de la tierra mojada, de la hierba fresca, mira tantos colores verdes frente a ti.



Ven, disfruta de la vida, ven y brinca, canta y baila.



La vida es bella, mas bella pensando en ti.

luis.

Lorena's Blogbilingüe said...

Pronto llega una canción.

Gracias