Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh my Earth/ O mi Tierra

Oh my Earth, you are my hope
you are the air I breathe
you are my heartbeat
you are my muscles
you are my bones and skin
you are my energy
you lift me up and take me on your journey

As I live every moment here in this most magnificent place you have created for me. Without you I don't exist. Without you I am nothing, but I am part of you and you are part of me and together we are spinning in the now, in the now and the forever.

I love you, oh my Earth, how can I harm you? How can I hurt a part of myself? And yet, I have made mistakes and now I must correct them. Oh, Earth, forgive me for my ignorance, for my naivety. You are too beautiful for me to fully understand you. I see how your love for me is unconditional. I cut down your trees and new growth comes back. I cover you with concrete and grass sprouts up between the cracks. You don't give up. You keep on giving and giving. How much longer can you give? Have I gone too far in my taking? Will you still forgive me?

Oh, Earth, my precious Earth, just give me one more chance to heal you...just one more chance, I'll do it this time. I will. I promise.

My tears are my vow to you.

O, mi Tierra, eres mi esperanza
eres el aire que respiro
eres el latir de mi corazón
eres mis músculos
eres mis huesos y mi piel
eres mi energía
me levantas y me llevas a tu viaje

Mientras vivo cada momento aquí en este lugar más espléndido que has creado para mí. Sin ti no existo. Sin ti no soy nada, pero soy parte de ti y eres parte de mí y juntos estamos girando en el Ahora, en el Ahora y en el Siempre.

Te amo, o mi Tierra, ¿cómo puedo dañarte? ¿Cómo puedo dañar una parte de mí misma? De todas maneras he hecho errores y ahora tengo que corregirlos. O, Tierra, perdóname por mi ignorancia, por mi ingenuidad. Eres demasiado bella para que te comprenda bien. Veo que tu amor por mí es incondicional. Corto tus árboles y crecen de nuevo. Te tapo con concreto y el pasto brota entre las grietas. No te das por vencida. Sigues dando y dando. ¿Qué tanto tiempo más puedes seguir dando? ¿He tomado demasiado? ¿Todavía me perdonas?

O, Tierra, mi preciosa Tierra, solamente dame otra oportunidad para curarte...simplemente una oportunidad más, lo voy a hacer esta vez. Sí. Prometo.

Mis lágrimas son mi promesa a ti.

Soy Lorena.
7/17/07

No comments: