Saturday, February 23, 2008

Never-ending February


If April is the cruelest month as the poet said, then February is the longest….holding back the winds of March and the melting of the snow. Maybe it’s because it comes at the end of so-called winter, when we’ve oohed and aahed enough over the crispy snowfalls, or maybe it’s because we’re simply not being “in the moment.”

Maybe we long for a different moment and since that can’t be, why suffer?

A little over a month ago I was in Mexico….seems like half a year has passed, and I am more than ready to go back, but alas, it’s not to be…oh, well, just accept the moment, live it, embrace it. I can only be where I am…and that’s okay. Every moment on this earth is beautiful, every moment I am alive there is beauty and love around me. It all depends on where I choose to put my focus.

Do I focus on the “never-ending month of February?” Or do I look out of the window and see the beauty there is at this very moment and give thanks for being alive right now?

I have a choice.

Soy Lorena.
2/23/08

No comments: