Sunday, May 6, 2007

Namaste


Namaste, a Hindu greeting that means "I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace; when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One."

Namasté--Yo honro el lugar dentro de ti donde el Universo entero reside. Yo honro el lugar dentro de ti de amor y luz, de verdad y paz. Yo honro el lugar dentro de ti donde cuando tú estás en ese punto tuyo, y yo estoy en ese punto mío, somos sólo Uno.

Ted's mother is dying. We are all dying in some way, we are living and dying. Our spirit is living, our body is dying and that's the way it is on this planet in this moment and in this place. A few years ago I told her that she was so special to me that she would be a hard person to lose. She was surprised by this comment and pleased at the same time, I could tell. I didn't say it to please her, I really meant it...and now that we are losing her I'm feeling that loss, that loss of a person who was so present in Life, who was so connected to people and to everything around her, who had a deep love of poetry and great literature, who understood history and its influence on today's affairs, who could talk your ear off about anything, ANYTHING, who was knowledgeable about almost everything...yes, a very special person. Miriam was/is a great uniter of people. Even in these difficult times she has pulled the family together. We are coming together and connecting in ways we never could have imagined. I think we have all gone a little deeper into ourselves to look for strength, connection and support. Maybe we are realizing that we have each other, because of Miriam, we have each other and we can lean on each other together to help us get through this time of transition.

Each one of us has a unique relationship with her. That was one thing she did really well, create a special relationship with each person in her life. She took an interest in what I was interested in, she asked me questions, she encouraged me in my creative work, she remembered everything I ever said and reminded me of things I had completely forgotten about.

Namaste seems a fitting greeting at this time, a time to stop and think about honoring each other. Deepak Chopra says it more succintly, but still beautifully, "I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me."

So I send this greeting to Miriam and to all her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, step-children, friends, people who know and love her, and to the Universe.

NAMASTE.

Soy Lorena.
5/6/07

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ésa foto tuya refleja un gran corazón Lorena, felicidades.
Ojalá ahora que vienes, podamos coincidir en algún punto del universo para poder platicar y tomar una taza de buen café.