Saturday, May 12, 2007

La Vida Sigue

And life goes on. On May 6th, around 11am EDT, Miriam moved on into the next phase of her journey. We, the survivors, los sobrevivientes, cried and mourned our loss. I say "our loss" because we are the ones who will miss her, who will now live without those deep and special conversations we used to have with her, who will want to call her up on the phone only to remember that she is no longer there, or here, and it feels strange.
La tristeza viene como olas pegando la orilla del mar. Vienen y se van...vienen y se van. Hay momentos cuando uno se olvida y después se acuerda otra vez. Hay momentos cuando uno no puede creer que ya no está y que jamás estará...y entonces, otras personas ya idas regresan a la memoria a dejar su huella de nuevo. Dicen acuérdate de mí, todavía existo, y recordamos una y otra vez. Esto es el principio, porque no somos tan jóvenes y nos va a tocar ver más gente desaparecer de nuestra vida.
Okay, so that's the way it is on this planet at this time in this space. Again I go back to the idea that I have to simply accept what is, especially when I do not have the power to change it. Is that what I'm doing when I mourn? Am I accepting or learning to accept? I try these days not to resist any feeling, to let my feelings be whatever they choose to be, to sit with them, to give them their own space without judgment and somehow that leads me to acceptance and once I can accept what IS, then I begin to see how there is nothing wrong with what IS, in fact, it's okay, it's more than okay, it's THE WAY IT IS AND IT'S PERFECT!!

That's a big statement I know and I wish I had better words to explain this perfection, but it's not about comparing. It's not about judging, it's beyond all that. It's like recognizing that an orange is perfect and a pear is perfect and they can't be compared. Each is different and each is perfect in its own way.

That's about all I can say today.

Life goes on.

La vida sigue.

Así es.

Es perfecto.

Soy Lorena.
5/12/07

No comments: