Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool's Day...shhh

The ground is frosty, hard again, sparkly, destellada, the air cool and crisp. Quietos, quietos, no tricks please, the moon is reaching her maximum beauty, her brilliance just there for all to see, su belleza simplemente es, nada más, nada menos y somos parte de toda esta belleza. Los patos están tranquilos flotando en el estanque, mirándome desde lejos caminar en el laberinto while I take in this new day, the first of April....oops, I mean the first day of a new month. Los árboles se ponen listos para brotar durante este mes, pronto, por favor, quiero ver las hojas de nuevo.

So there I was watching the sky, seeing dancing angels and wispy shapes float by and I had a negative thought, a criticism of someone, yikes, I don't want to do that, pero la mente, no hay que darle tanta importancia a veces, la mente anda en su onda y piensa cosas que YO no quiero pensar, ni modo, ya lo hizo, pero...then I thought, okay, let's balance that thought with a positive thought about that person, that's what I did, it was kind of like veering off the right track and then getting back on it again. A sort of antidote.

Anoche llegaron los amigos de Teo para celebrar su cumpleaños y en un momento cuando todos estábamos en la sala platicando, pensé "qué buenas personas son todos, qué buenos amigos tiene Teo," and I was grateful that these people are now in my life. Some of them he has known most of his adult life, since his kids were babies, and I felt a part of all of this, I felt accepted by these people who are newer for me. It was a beautiful energy in the room, my children, Ted's children and all his friends. Presentamos nuestra canción cómica, Teo "cantando" y yo tocando el piano, se reían, fue divertido, el tiempo pasó rápido y durante todo mi Luna nos miraba por la claraboya con su luz y sonrisa hermosa.

So, today's another day.

A new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life. Remember that?

Es la hora de sonreír.

Try this...next time you say something out of anger to another person, say it again with a smile on your face.

Si estás enojado, sonríete y mira lo que pasa.

I can't take credit for that last idea, it came from a Buddhist monk.

May your life be rich with love and beauty.

Que tu vida este llena de amor y belleza.

Soy Lorena.
4/1/07

No comments: