Thursday, April 12, 2007

Asteroids and Frogs



Siguiendo la onda de los asteroides, bueno, están hechos de pedazos de nuestro sistema solar, piedras como las que aparecen en esta foto, pero lo extaño para mí es que no son redondas. If they have been spinning and spinning, girando e girando por millones de años, why are they still jagged o dentados? Well, perhaps they just need more time...it takes time to change. I know I certainly need more time to make the changes I would like to make in myself, heh heh, but that's a long story, maybe as long as the Universe...who knows? :-)

Ayer, por primera vez escuché las voces de las ranas y los sapos. Cantaron toda la noche y hoy los dioses están llorando, lágrimas crujientes y ligeras al principio, después grandes y fuertes que causan mucha felicidad para las ranas y los patos, frustración para los seres humanos que prefieren un clima asoleado, (ni modo, hay que aceptar todo, no es nieve esta vez siquiera), y agua necesaria para las flores, plantas y semillas. Everything is as it should be, the snow has melted, the rain is falling from the sky, the leaves on the trees will be coming out soon, the frogs are singing, the ducks are finding food in the pond, the grass is turning green again and I am happy to be alive, to feel my body strong and energetic, (well, kind of), anyway, what was I saying?

Ah, the Universe...it makes no difference if I worry about the asteroid belt or not, if I spend time and energy thinking about an asteroid that may or may not fall on my head, nothing is changed, the planets keep on spinning and going around the sun, so I can just keep on living my life as I see fit and let the solar system do its thing and let the frogs sing and the rain fall which is now turning into ice crystals...there's nothing I can do about any of this stuff anyway, so why not let it be, not let anything affect my happiness, and simply do my own thing, do what I think is right?

Do the frogs care about asteroids? Cantan y cantan hasta que ya no puedan cantar más.

Vivimos hasta que ya no podamos vivir más.

Amaré hasta que ya no pueda amar más.

Aceptaré hasta que ya no pueda aceptar más.

I will live, love and accept until I can no longer do so.

And then, what will I do? ¿Y entonces?

I don't know...only the Universe knows, maybe.

(Una pregunta más...¿Cómo está el sapo cancionero?)

Soy Lorena.
4/12/07

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

El Sapo Cancionero canta todas las noches su melancolia, esa, su locura de adorar La Luna que es locura eterna de todo poeta.

Following you, step by step.

Anonymous said...

"La vida es triste si no la vivimos con una ilusión."

Y sí es verdad.