Friday, August 1, 2008

This Life/ Esta Vida

Yes, this life….I think I have something to say.

“Are we becoming cynical?” he asked me.

“No,” I said, “we’re just being realistic.”

But that’s how cynicism starts, you think you’re being realistic, he told me.

Is is boredom?

Is it depression?

This feeling of Is this all there is?

Are we tired? Tired of this life?

Maybe we’re just not living in the moment. Maybe we’re longing for something that doesn’t exist…something lasting. Nothing here lasts. That’s the problem. We are never satisfied and we spend our time with distractions, the movies, the Internet, chess, eating out, something, anything to take away this feeling, this strange feeling I can’t really name.

Perhaps we’re living too long. There’s irony here too. It’s very ironic because lately everything is working out for me, everything is happening so beautifully. I’m meeting my goals, the universe is being so good to me, my wishes are being granted. The genie is out of the bottle and standing right next to me saying “YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.”

So why am I struggling to feel comfortable in this life? Why am I not totally happy all the time? I read Eckhart Tolle and he says if you’re not happy it’s because you’re not “in the moment.”

Yeah, maybe that’s it, I’m just not “in the moment.” I think I know that.

So, where am I?

The universe gave me a surprise today, a bonus, little piece of sweetness that I’m trying to hold onto. In my front yard there appeared a doe with her two baby fawns, their darling bodies still covered in white spots. They bounced over the labryinth and darted into the woods. Such innocence.

There was a time when I was innocent too.

Oh, well…



Sí, esta vida…creo que tengo algo que decir.

--¿Es qué nos estamos poniendo cínicos?-- Me preguntó.

--No,--le dije, --simplemente somos realistas.

Pero así empieza el cinismo, crees que eres realista me dijo.

¿Será aburrimiento?

¿Será depresión?

Este sentimiento de ¿Es esto todo?

¿Estamos cansados? ¿Cansados de esta vida?

Tal vez sólo no estemos viviendo en el momento. Tal vez anhelemos algo que no existe…algo que dure. Nada dura aquí. Es el problema. Nunca estamos satisfechos y pasamos el tiempo con diversiones, distrayéndonos con el cine, Internet, ajedrez, saliendo a comer, algo, cualquier cosa para quitar este sentimiento, este sentimiento extraño que no puedo nombrar.

Quizá estamos viviendo demasiado tiempo. Es ironico porque últimamente todo funciona para mí, todo pasa tan bien, tan perfecto. He llegado a mis metas, el universo me trata muy bien, concede mis deseos. El genio salió de la botella y está parado a mi lado diciendo “TU DESEO ES MI ORDEN.”

¿Por qué lucho para sentirme cómoda en esta vida? ¿Por qué no estoy feliz todo el tiempo? Leo a Eckhart Tolle y dice que si no estás contento es porque no estás “en el momento.”
Sí, quizás eso es, no estoy “en el momento.” Ya lo sé.

Entonces, ¿dónde estoy?

El universo me dio una sorpresa hoy, un beneficio, un pedacito de dulzura que quiero detener. En mi jardín apareció una gama con sus dos cervatillos, sus adorables cuerpos todavía cubiertos con manchas blancas. Saltaron en el pasto cerca del laberinto y se desaparecieron en el bosque. Qué inocentes.

Era yo inocente una vez.

Ah, bueno…

Soy Lorena.
8/1/08

No comments: