Monday, February 19, 2007

I just found out...

Acabo de enterarme que la química es el estudio de la materia y la energía y las interacciones entre las dos cosas. Matter and energy and the interactions between them. Omigod, where have I been? And Physics is the flip side of the coin, so to speak. Chemistry deals with electrons, and Physics deals more with the nuclear part of the atom. Uh, sure.

What does this have to do with my life here on this earth....mi vida y tu vida y las vidas de todos los seres humanos y las plantas y los animales, etc. etc???? Well, just about everything, I think.

Por ejemplo, nuestro cuerpo está hecho de 65-90% de agua, sí, agua como el agua en la foto. Después, no es sorprendente que la mayor parte del cuerpo es de oxígeno. Then comes Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Calcium and Phosphorus. Okay, this is getting a little too complicated for me, the non-science person, the non-mathematical person. Here's what all this makes me think:

¿Dónde estaba el agua de mi cuerpo antes de que se hubiera encontrado adentro de mí? I hope I wrote that right. Where was the water in my body before it found its way into me? Was it in an ocean, the Atlantic, the Pacific, the Indian ocean...or maybe just a pond? ¿Era una nube, una gota de lluvia, un copo de nieve o simplemente un charco ignorado? What stories could that water tell? Is this water why I feel so connected to the Universe...because really I am physically part of it? If I'm breathing the air that was once in China, have I also received its water? (Puedo seguir con las preguntas) ¿Dónde reside mi conciencia...dentro de mi cuerpo o afuera? Where does my consciousness reside, inside or outside my body? If the water in my body came from a powerful waterfall like Niagara, would I be different than if it came from my pond in the back yard? How does the water affect me?

No tengo respuestas, pero son preguntas en que puedo meditar y tal vez algún día las repuestas me lleguen....¿quién sabe?

El Universo es misterioso

y bello

y lleno de preguntas sin respuestas

and I love it here...and I am part of it, and YOU are part of it

and we all need each other.

If I'm so full of water, why do I feel dry unless I'm in the shower or swimming?

Soy Lorena.
2/19/07

No comments: