Sunday, September 20, 2009

Some Beautiful Thoughts

When I am frightened, will you reassure me?
When I'm uncertain, will you hold my hand?
Will you be strong for me? Sing to me quietly?
Will you share some of your stories with me?
If you will show me compassion, then I may learn to care as you do,
then I may learn to care.

When I am angry, will you still embrace me?
When I am thoughtless, will you understand?
Will you believe in me, stand by me willingly?
Will you share some of your questions with me?
If you will show me acceptance, then I may learn to give as you do,
then I may learn to give.

When I am troubled, will you listen to me?
When I am lonely, will you be my friend?
Will you be there for me, comfort me tenderly?
Will you share some of your feelings with me?
If you will show me commitment, then I may learn to love as you do,
then I may learn to love.

--Words by Shelley Jackson Denham

Soy Lorena.
9/20/09

No comments: