Friday, March 6, 2009

Have the Courage

"Have the courage to pray for the humility to accept everything."--Mother Meer

So this means to accept the challenges along with the good stuff, to not turn away when life sends us difficult things to deal with like situations or relationships. This is not easy, but I think it's necessary if we are to grow. How do I go about "accepting everything?" What do I do with the difficult stuff? If someone attacks me verbally or metaphorically I know that attacking back does not work. Should I "accept" the attack?

I know there is peace inside of me that cannot be disturbed, that nothing in the outer world can disrupt that peace. When I find that peace and allow myself to experience it fully I am enormously happy. It is always there, only what happens is, I lose my focus and take it away from the peace and place it onto the external world and its circumstances. Sometimes this is okay but many times it is not. When life's curve balls get to be too much, that's when I need to have the "courage to pray for the humility to accept everything."

It's a work in progress. If I keep on working I will progress!

Soy Lorena.
3/6/09

No comments: