Monday, November 9, 2009

Una Pausa

Words of wisdom that come into my life. Today we read a card from Don Miguel Ruiz.

"Don't take anything personally. Love and respect yourself. You are never responsible for the actions of others, but you are responsible for you. If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. You may be hurt for a while, but your heart will eventually heal."

I notice he did not say, "Judge the other person or blame the other person for the way they treat you." If I do not feel the love and respect from another person that I know I deserve, then I am free to walk away. I do not need to suffer.

I posted this here today because I saw this idea as very freeing. Whatever someone else does has nothing to do with me. Wow, I can have total peace all the time.

Take a deep breath and smile. :-)

Soy Lorena.
11/9/09

No comments: