Monday, January 15, 2007

Campeche

A moment in time...un momento solamente....Parque Principal, iglesia, tiendas, restaurantes, parecido a muchos lugares en Mexico pero distinto a la vez. I know I´m in Mexico, this place reminds me of San Miguel, but I don´t know anyone here. I know people in San Miguel and it feels strange to be in this limbo I´d like to call it.

Dimos vueltas cerca del Parque. De repente me di cuenta que un perro callejero nos seguia y por varias cuadras, atravesando la calle cuando era necesario. Por un momento fuimos almas gemelos, el perro y yo. Un alma perdido, el perro sin casa, sin conocer a nadie, como yo...un poco. Tenia la cara triste, la cabeza abajo. Pare un rato yo y le hable al perro. Se meneo la cola. He wouldn´t look me in the eye for more than a second, but he wagged his tail. I wanted to take him with me, feed him and bathe him, but that was not our fate. Nos siguio una media cuadra mas y lo vi entretenerse con algo debajo de un carro. Cuando mire para atras otra vez ya no lo vi.

Oh, god, you probably want to hear about my vacation and I´m talking about a stray dog.

Mañana, I promise. More about the trip later.

Soy Lorena
1/15/07

No comments: